Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It Pays To Have Crafty Friends

Last Thursday when I got home from work I checked the mail at the street and found the usual inside our mailbox....catalogs (my favorite kind of mail, especially if it's the latest Pottery Barn or Ballard Designs), junk mail, yet another credit card application, bills, and a small padded envelope from my friend Lou in Oregon. I tossed the rest of the mail on the passenger seat of my car and quickly tore open the package from Lou. Inside wrapped in tissue was the sweetest, tiniest knitted blue sweater and a written note from Lou that read "I heard you were taking in laundry." 

Clothes Line hanging in my Laundry Room

Close-up  of the sweater Lou knitted. Her sister Berta made the red clothes. Two talented and kind sisters!

Now, I had heard from my friend Berta that her sister Lou reads my blog, although I had no real hard proof of this, since Lou has never left a comment.  

Which, by the way if you are reading this post, or ever like to read my blog but are unsure about leaving a comment, don't be shy! I EAT YOUR COMMENTS UP! Seriously, nothing makes me happier than to see that someone took the time to a) read my little blog and b) left a comment. 

Now back to Lou....her little package proved that she must have seen my post about my Laundry Room Redo. And not only did she read my post, she took the time to knit (although I have not confirmed that she did in fact knit this little sweater, I would bet my life on it, because the woman is a knitting fiend!) a blue sweater for the little clothes line in my laundry room, and almost identical in color to my newly painted laundry room!

Who does that?? A kind, thoughtful and dear friend, that's who! 
 It pays to have crafty friends!

So if you are reading this, Lou, THANK YOU. And don't be shy, leave a comment :)


Jenny




5 comments:

  1. Yay for Crafty Lou...creativeness runs in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! Glad to hear that wasn't one of Jim's sweaters you shrunk in the dryer! What a nice surprise to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just about the cutest darn thing I have ever seen....really. What a thoughtful person your friend Lou is. Thoughtful and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Narda, funny! you would not know how close that dryer comment could be! Lou knit sweaters for her mother and little sisters years ago and they were wool, needless to say, they became doll sweaters when my mom dried them in a hot commercial laundromat dryer :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Love the little clothes!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...