Saturday, March 26, 2011

Roster Art

A while back I posted this inspirational Dictionary Art.

Well today I decided to make one of my own.

Here is my version...


I actually lifted this frame from the array of frames I have hanging going up our stairs and now have to find a frame to replace it. I've always loved this frame, and it hit me as I was carrying laundry upstairs to be put away, that it was the perfect frame for this project. I love it when I am able to go "shopping" around the house!

Coincidentally, I picked up the below new stamp set at Joanne's Crafts yesterday. It was marked $9.99 and I used me 40% coupon. I also picked up another stamp set from the same line (TPC Studio) because even without a coupon, the price is still a bargain. Before stamping directly on the page it's always a good idea to do a dry run.  I did a test stamp to make sure I had the stamps lined up the way I wanted them and I then stamped directly onto a page torn from a french book that I got in a kit. I was going to use a dictionary page, but I thought the french page was more fitting of the stamp set.


Here is my new Roster Book Page art hanging above my "Bird with a french fry" sign in our kitchen. I did not make the other sign, but found it while out shopping in Reno a few summers ago. I just had to buy it because it makes me smile :)


And here is where they hang in our kitchen...


This little project took me all of 10 minutes to make. Now that's my kind of DIY project!

Jenny

2 comments:

  1. This is GREAT!! Thanks for the tutorial...and thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet and helpful comments!!

    Happy to follow you.

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...